Welcome to our website! We hope that it will give you a feel for Uma Krishna Educational Foundation and that you will want to come and visit us. The school offers an exciting, stimulating and challenging environment for learning.
The School is one of the foremost centers of academic excellence in the country- a reputation due not only to it’s pupils unrivaled examination results but even more importantly, because of their enjoyment of academic inquiry, debate and search for explanation well beyond the published syllabus.
In addition, students enhance both their intellectual and social development by taking full advantage of the many opportunities that are offered in sports, music, drama, debating, community service and other forms of civic engagement.
Our curriculum is geared towards providing real world skills to our students, real learning they require to succeed. Computational thinking is a skill that empowers and one that all pupils should be aware of and develop in confidence. Pupils who can think computationally are better able to conceptualize, understand and use computer based technology and are thus, better prepared for today’s world and the future. We have integrated ipad learning in our schools while teaching programming to have our students achieve more.
One thing we can say is that pupils joining us settle in very quickly and happily and make a great success of their time here !
Come and find out for yourselves. We look forward to meeting you!
MRS. UMA AGARWAL
MRS. PRITI AGARWAL
BLOG BY THE FOUNDER AND CEO, MS. PRITI AGARWAL
ETHOS & AIMS
Uma Krishna Educational Foundation is unique in that they take responsibility for the Child’s learning .
OUR ETHOS – THE CHARACTER AND SPIRIT
These actions define and determine our ethos:
- Advancing the education and intellectual and moral development of our pupils, whatever their capabilities, attributes and interests.
- Securing the welfare and safety of our pupils as individuals and as members of a community.
- Fostering open-mindedness and thoughtfulness in our pupils and our school.
Our aim is to create a ‘purpose for learning’ and allow children to be thinkers, innovators and problem solvers, to orchestrate experiences that will result in a natural and integrated development of knowledge, skills and thinking. We have been leading by example, creating dynamic, caring, learning communities that value “the whole child “. Our vision is to develop a range of pathways to lifelong learning. Our belief is that all children should have the opportunity to experience the joy of discovery and develop a love for learning.
Our aim besides being an academic school and a place for learning and scholarship, where
- We are ambitious about what pupils should know and we provide a cultural framework for their studies and their living.
- We work to ensure pupils are knowledgeable and are active, independent learners.
- Teaching is rigorous, critical, engaging and learned.
- Pupils leaving school will be intellectually and emotionally prepared for higher education and the world of work.
TO BE A REFLECTIVE COMMUNITY WHERE PUPILS
- Learn the instincts of courtesy and good manners.
- Develop a moral code and practice living it out in readiness for their adult lives.
- Care for others and learn to see service to others as a way of life.
AN EXEMPLAR FOR THE HEALTHY LIFE WHERE PUPILS
- Are supported in developing strength and resourcefulness to meet the challenges of day-to-day life.
- Develop healthy, transferable interests and pursuits in a co-educational setting.
- Learn and practice the skills of friendship through participation in a wide range of activities.
- Grasp the value of the community.
Our school maintains a number of teaching staff at all levels and seeks to employ the best qualified and the most engaging teachers possible. We are lucky to have many teachers with years of experience and we are equally fortunate to be able to attract many young teachers who often add new ideas to the highly successful practices we have established in the classroom.
Our teachers are encouraged to explore modern methodology and to adopt it when appropriate; the school considers in-service training for staff to be vital and devotes a considerable annual budget to this part of our work.
UMA KRISHNA SPORTS CENTRE
We sincerely believe that in a healthy body resides a healthy mind, and physical fitness is crucial to a good health as well as sharpness of intellect.
Uma Krishna Educational Foundation School, Kanpur Cantonment, is an educational institution that has been organising sports activities for its students since inception. It has an active Sports Centre. A great variety of courses in Basketball, Football, Taekwondo, Volleyball, Cricket, Golf, Skating, Chess, and other sports, takes place within the vast grounds of our School. All the activities of the Sports Centre use the best of infrastructure and excellent facilities.
Regular Sports sessions in the morning are organised as a daily fitness routine for the strength and conditioning of students. The Sports Mela, 2018 had our students participating in a myriad of sports activities for a period of 10 days. The event made the school campus alive with an atmosphere of enthusiasm, excitement and celebration.